This is an exciting time for the Magenta Project. We have recently obtained charitable status in the UK and launched two major new initiatives to support and encourage women to start and progress in sail racing. We have significant ambition to do more and are now looking for a Chairperson to provide support, direction, vision and leadership to The Magenta Project Board of Directors and to lead the execution of our strategy.
The Magenta Project is a collective of passionate people committed to creating equal access and opportunities for women in sailing and to enabling more women to reach the top of the sport. We focus on working with women in sailing and a wide range of partners in three core areas:
- Upskilling female sailors by providing on water training, learning and development opportunities and through building networks and relationships that connect individuals and organisations;
- Inspiring generations of female sailors through raising awareness and the visibility of women in sailing and celebrating their achievements; and
- Driving change in the sailing industry through providing solutions and sharing evidence of what works, influencing and advising on policy and offering support to event and race organisers to introduce change initiatives.
We need a high calibre individual capable of leading the organisation in its next phase of development and delivery. The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate:
- A passion/interest in achieving gender equality within sailing
- A proven track record of ‘success’ in the private, public and/or voluntary sector – we define success in many different ways and encourage you to demonstrate how your success will help us achieve our goals
- An ability to think creatively and strategically and challenge appropriately.
Diversity is one of our core values at the Magenta Project and we welcome applications from people within and outside of the world of sailing and from people with disabilities, different age groups, genders and ethnic minorities.
You must be able to actively lead/support our programme of activities and events and attend 6-8 Board Meetings a year (majority virtual). This is a voluntary role.
Further details are provided in our information pack.
To apply please send your CV and a cover letter to email@example.com marked ‘Chairperson Application’ no later than February 10, 2019. Please clearly outline why you are the right person to lead us and how you will help us deliver our strategy and vision.